Submit Your Event
Guidelines: Best practices to get your event published:
- Include as much info as possible, calendar filters may hide events with blank fields
- Pick the most relevant category, city, cost, and audience
- Only pick tags that completely relate to your event, and please do not create tags
- Images help your event stick out, please provide a photo that is 400×300 pixels or bigger
- Note: Your event submission must receive approval before it is posted
Please double check that the event location’s address is correct before submitting!
Have changes to your event?
Unfortunatly you are unable to edit your submissions however, we can do it for you! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the event name, date, and any changes or updates and we will take care of it for you.
Does your event repeat over a few days?
For example, Your facility offers the same event every Tuesday from 2:00-4: 00 pm for one month – Let us know and we can set your event to repeat as necessary! Just submit the first day your event takes place, then send an email to email@example.com with the dates your event repeats and we’ll take care of it!
Event Submission Guidelines
Please review the following information for important usage guidelines.
Before You Submit
- Review the Events Calendar to get familiarized with the style and format of events.
- Double-check all information for your event. We have provided a tip sheet.
- Your event must take place in eastern Connecticut. (Ashford, Baltic, Bozrah, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Chaplin, Colchester, Columbia, Coventry, Danielson, East Lyme, Franklin, Gales Ferry, Griswold, Groton, Jewett City, Killingly, Lebanon, Ledyard, Lisbon, Lyme, Mansfield, Montville, Moosup, Mystic, New London, Niantic, Noank, North Stonington, Norwich, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Pawcatuck, Plainfield, Preston, Putnam, Salem, Sprague, Stonington, Taftville, Uncasville, Voluntown, Waterford, Willimantic & Yantic)
Using the Submission Form
- Access the Events Calendar submission page at http://www.CORE-ECT.com/
- Enter requested information in all required fields.
- Attach an image. Pay special attention to image guidelines.
- Provide contact information that is valid
- Select at least one category for your event.
- Events must be linked directly to an external website where the visitor can find more information about the event.
- Submit your event one time only.
Guidelines for Images
- Images should reflect the event that is being submitted.
- All image types are acceptable
Some ideas include:
- Portraits of speakers (identify individuals in image alt text)
- Photos from past year’s events or print-quality posters
- Screenshots of films or a poster/DVD cover for screenings
- Scenes, settings or objects related to the event
- Do not attach images that might be offensive, inappropriate or in violation of applicable copyright laws.
Notifications to Submitters
The event submitter will receive an e-mail notification at the following times:
- When an event has been submitted.
- When an event has been approved by the Admin.
- If an event has been denied by the Admin
Please allow a minimum of 2 business days for your event to be processed
The calendar administrator may decline a submission request if:
- The event does not conform to the guidelines above
- The submission form is not properly completed
- The request includes inappropriate or offensive content, including profanity; references to illegal activities; defamatory or harassing language aimed at an individual or group
- The events does not take place in eastern Connecticut
- The event is a personal event or solicitation
- The image or event wording is inappropriate
How do I submit a correction?
Contact the calendar Admin to request edits to your event listing.
Linking to the Calendar
We welcome links to the calendar from other web sites, please contact the calendar admin.
The Calendar of Regional Events has been designed to share information about events and happenings of interest to the community of eastern Connecticut. Despite our best efforts, some information may be incorrect or incomplete. We regret any inconvenience caused as a result. If you notice an error, please contact the calendar administrator, at 860.701.9113 or Admin@CORE-ECT.com.
Tips to Look for in an Events Calendar Submission:
- Check for misspellings.
- If there are acronyms make sure they are spelled out somewhere in the description.
- Do not use rhetorical questions. People using the calendar don’t want to be asked questions, they just want the facts.
- Include these must-have details:
- Start time and end time (if applicable)
- Location, including specific room number
- Contact name, phone number and/or email
- Keep event titles to 10 words or less.
- If an event requires tickets, include ticket price and where to buy them.
- If an event requires registration, include the instructions on how to register.
- If an event description has a lot of text, break it up with paragraph breaks/ returns so it’s not one giant lump of text.
- If an event has a related website with more information, include it.
- FACT CHECK: If people/speakers are mentioned in a description, make sure their name is spelled correctly! CLICK ON WEBSITES to make sure they are not broken links.