C.O.R.E. is a collaborative of organizations based in eastern CT with a shared goal of providing the community ONE regional go-to calendar of events for all things happening in eastern Connecticut.
- Chamber of Commerce Eastern CT
- New London Main Street
- Norwich Creates
- Southeastern CT Cultural Coalition
- Southeastern CT Enterprise Region (seCTer)
- The Day Publishing Company
- Thames River Innovation Places (TRIP)
- Ignite (Cure Creative Commons)
- Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Norwich Chamber of Commerce
- Hall Radio
WHO DOES THIS PROJECT BENEFIT?
The applications are exciting and unlimited. As an initial collaborative product, the participating partners have established a regional calendar for events, activities and professional development opportunities. This shared regional calendar of events serves the existing business community, arts and cultural sector, tourism and those who we all serve, including residents and visitors. For event and activity providers located in southeastern CT, the use of this shared regional calendar tool minimizes time spent on marketing and maximizes audience reach. The shared regional calendar provides a valuable resource for event planning and assists organizations in minimizing scheduling conflicts throughout the region. For consumers, this initiative provides one-¬‐stop shopping with search and mobile device capability for event, activity and meeting information across the region.
HOW: By utilizing this shared regional calendar operating system, which will is universally accessed, utilized and promoted, we established a unified voice and resource that aligns, coordinates and magnifies our region’s assets.
Acting as the project committee, participating agencies have agreed to:
- Provide a representative to serve as a committee member who is empowered to act on behalf of agency
- Work collaboratively to develop unified communications (messaging, timeline, distribution, etc.)
- Communicate to and prepare individual boards, staff and constituents for the regional calendar’s public introduction
- Share equally in the project’s annual costs, including individual agency calendar hosting and mutually-¬‐agreed upon marketing and implementation costs (terms TBD for primary and secondary partners)
- Encourage and utilize shared administrative services where possible (purchasing, marketing, sponsorships, etc.)
- Establish and implement unified roll-¬‐out plan with 3 year commitment to hosting calendar on individual agency website
- Nurture and support the project through consistent participation at consortium meetings, integration of the calendar and promotion across all marketing platforms
- Allow for, respect and cross-promote (where possible) individual partners’ customized (filtered) calendar